• American Psychological Association
A good site to learn about all kinds of assessments, including high stakes testing.
• National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) http://education.umn.edu/nceo/
Information on the topic of state and national testing policies.
• National Center on Accessing the General Curriculum
Information about curriculum-based assessments, including various samples.
A progress monitoring system that provides curriculum-based assessments in literacy skills (reading and writing), numeracy and early mathematics. Schools or individuals may purchase licenses to use the products.
• National Institute on Student Achievement, Curriculum and Assessment
Latest research on student testing, curriculum, and achievement.
• Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators: Teacher Helpers: Assessment and Rubric Information
Contains links to extensive list of rubrics and rubric generator
• ERIC Digest: No Child Left Behind: Testing, Reporting and Accountability
Provides an overview of the testing and reporting requirements in No Child Left Behind.